(Effective Date: June 10, 2021)
If you are located in the European Union, Brazil, or other locality with applicable privacy laws, Tredegar Corporation is the controller of your personal data and is responsible for the collection and use of your personal data for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement. Tredegar’s contact details can be found in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
What is personal data?
In this Privacy Statement, personal data means information that alone or in combination with other information allows us to identify you. Personal data could include your name, postal address, e-mail address, online identifiers, account numbers, or your information for an employment application.
What personal data do we collect?
We may collect the following personal data from you:
a. Personal data you provide to us directly (e.g., by contacting us for business transactions, by submitting your job application, etc.).
The personal data we collect from you directly may include your:
- contact details, such as your name, title, identification documents, e-mail address, telephone and fax numbers and home/work addresses;
- information about your former/current company and job function; and/or
- information from your employment application, resume, gender, race/ethnicity, legal dependents, disability and US veteran status and/or certificate of good health for occupational purposes and disabilities (when required by law).
b. Personal data we collect when you use this website.
How do we use your personal data?
Subject to applicable law, we may collect, use, disclose or otherwise handle your personal data in pursuit of our legitimate business interests while maintaining appropriate and commercially reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect the personal data. These interests include to:
- manage customer, supplier and vendor relationships;
- provide you with information regarding products that may be of interest to you, subject to applicable law;
- improve our security and administer our website; and
- improve our products and your experience on this website by:
- analyzing our advertisements, products, and services; and
- evaluating the use of this website.
Where we have a contract with you, we process your personal data as necessary for performance of the contract. This includes to:
- create and maintain your company’s account to conduct business transactions;
- process a business order you made; and
- review and process your job application.
We also may use the personal data we collect to protect us against and prevent fraud, claims, and other liabilities and to comply with or enforce applicable legal and regulatory requirements, industry standards, and our policies and terms. We use personal data for these purposes when it is necessary to protect, exercise or defend our legal rights, or when we are required to do so by a law that applies to us. This includes to:
- verify your identity in certain instances;
- meet any legal and regulatory requirements; and
- protect you, our Company and third parties against, fraud, unauthorized activity, claims and other liabilities, as well to identify, and help prevent such situations.
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that personal data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you.
With whom do we share your personal data?
To the extent consistent with applicable law, we may share your personal data with:
- our subsidiaries and affiliates, the details of which can be found here;
- affiliated and third-party service providers, such as companies that provide us technical support, data hosting, and other services;
- other parties when required by law or as necessary to provide or protect our services, products, and other offerings. For example, we may need to disclose information with other parties to comply with the law or respond to legal process or a request for cooperation by a government entity or law enforcement; to prevent fraud or verify and enforce compliance with the policies and terms governing our website; and to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, or any of our respective affiliates, business partners, customers or employees;
- in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of a business or assets to a third party, such as in connection with a merger or in the event of a bankruptcy reorganization or liquidation; and
- when you or your company or organization consent to or request such sharing.
We will not sell or rent your personal data to third parties. Our service providers and sub-processors are not authorized by us to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
We may use functional and analytical cookies and similar technologies on our website and in emails. These cookies collect information about how visitors interact with our website, such as what pages you visit and if any errors have occurred. The information is used to improve how our website function. These cookies also allow our website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced and more personal features. They capture information such as the pages you have browsed or products you have viewed so that we can improve your browsing experience.
We use third-party vendors to generate statistical data on how visitors use our website:
We use Google Analytics for analytical services and for technical support. Click here to learn more about Google Analytics. We do not use other Google services in combination with Google Analytics cookies. You can opt out of Google services by clicking here.
How to manage cookies
You can manage cookies through your web browser. Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. You can find out how to do this for your particular browser by clicking “help” on your browser’s menu or by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all our website features.
Where do we transfer your personal data?
We may transfer your personal data outside of your country. In such case, your personal data will be stored in the United States. We will comply with applicable global legal requirements by ensuring that appropriate and commercially reasonable data protection safeguards are in place.
What rights do you have?
Depending on local laws and subject to our legal obligations, you may have the right to:
- request confirmation that we are processing your personal data;
- request access to your personal data;
- request that we correct, rectify, update, restrict, erase or limit our use of your personal data;
- object to the processing of your data as well as a right to data portability (to the extent applicable); and
- withdraw consent you have previously given to our processing of your personal data at any time.
If you request that we erase your data or object to our processing, this may impact our ability to do business with you, but, we will not in any manner discriminate against you for exercising your rights under applicable law. If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, or to exercise your rights, you may contact us by:
- e-mail at: email@example.com
- mail at: Tredegar Corporation – 1100 Boulders Parkway, North Chesterfield, VA 23225, USA
Brazil’s Privacy law – LGDP (Lei Geral de Proteção de Dados) you may contact us by:
- e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Individuals in the EU can lodge a complaint with their local Data Protection Authority if they are not satisfied with our response.
We use appropriate and commercially reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect data under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you feel that the security of any data that we hold about you has been compromised, please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “How to Contact Us” section below.
We will not retain personal data longer than necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it is processed in accordance with Tredegar’s Record’s Management Policy, and subject to any legal and regulatory requirements. We currently retain this information for a period ranging from the duration of the session to three months.
Updates to this Privacy Statement
We may change this Privacy Statement periodically at our discretion to reflect changes in our privacy practices or relevant laws. We will make changes to this Privacy Statement by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This Privacy Statement is effective from the date specified in the “Effective Date” section at the top of this page.
How to Contact Us
If you have questions about how Tredegar handles your personal data or would like to exercise your rights, please reach out by emailing or writing to us at:
1100 Boulders Parkway
North Chesterfield, VA 23225, USA